31 August 2009

Richmond to Waterfront Station

Ever since it entered service earlier this month, I finally had a chance to give the Canada Line a first ride today! As I was searching for "Mastering the Art of French Cuisine" by Julia Child at the Chapters in Richmond, the self-checking counter showed a 1 copy available at the Robson branch. And so, a "cling" on my head that I will take the skytrain from Richmond to Downtown Robson St.

Actually, the Canada line didn't give me such a good reputation as I always had trouble on the previously built Millennium and Expo lines. I mean, the instructions were pretty unclear. I could travel alone on the subways in Paris, which I dun even read French. But, I could went to the wrong directions 3 times on the Millennium and Expo lines, which all directions are in English. Anyways, the Canada Line was just amazing! The direction signs and announcements were just as clear as the ones in Asia. Quick and easy, very convenient!

Though I was supposed to go to Robson, I still went to the last stop, Waterfront. The reason for that was just to see how far it is to the SFU Harbour Center campus. After all, I will be taking the skytrain to the Harbour Campus next semester every Tues and Thurs. I got off the train and rushed to the SFU campus for the purpose of using the library computers. I logon and went on Facebook. Why? Well, on the train, I suddenly remembered that the Roses on my farm will be done soon. And yes, I play Happy Farm on Facebook and I am addicted to it. BTW I seriously hate those who steals my flowers :@ ! Anyways, I harvest my roses, and thank god no one stole them yet. I walked over to the Chapters on Robson and unfortunately, the lady told me that the available copy showed on the website is a missing copy in the store. =.=" Fortunately, I found a copy on Amazon for just $22 (more than half the price at Chapters). The reason for going to chapters was just to flip the pages and see how the inside pages are like. Anyways, it was still a cool trip. The train ride reminded me of the days in HK, riding the MTR everyday and listening to the iPod while reading a book/magazine. I think I will be back to those days starting next semester :)

No comments:

Post a Comment